Course Certification through Session II 2017
While Philanthropy University is a non-degree, diploma or credit granting initiative, learners have the opportunity to demonstrate their achievements by earning the following certifications from the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley, the world’s top public university.
Statement of Accomplishment
Participants who complete one course earn a Statement of Accomplishment from Berkeley-Haas, demonstrating their newly acquired skills and commitment to creating a deeper impact. Statements of Accomplishment will be available through the conclusion of Session II in June 2017. Following the conclusion of Session II, we will transition the program as we introduce exciting new changes at Philanthropy University.
Certificate in Social Sector Leadership
Participants who complete all seven of our core curriculum courses will earn a Certificate in Social Sector Leadership from Berkeley-Haas, helping them build recognition among their colleagues as an accomplished global impact leader. Certificates will be available through the conclusion of Session II 2017.
In addition to a downloadable certificate, recipients of the Certificate in Social Sector Leadership receive a variety of benefits, including but not limited to:
- A certificate link that they can proudly place on their preferred professional networking site to publicly demonstrate their achievement and commitment
- An invitation to join the invite-only Philanthropy University/Haas Alumni LinkedIn Group, providing further opportunities to meet and network with other certificate recipients from around the world
- Access to Berkeley-Haas Magazine’s three annual digital editions
- Invitations to participate in exclusive Berkeley networking and educational events, including the Berkeley-Haas Annual Alumni Conference and Chapter events in cities around the globe, in addition to the San Francisco Bay Area
How long will Statements of Accomplishment and Certificates in Social Sector Leadership from Berkeley-Haas in their current forms be offered?
Statements and Certificates in their current form will be offered through the end of Session II in June 2017. If you are currently working towards completion of a Certificate, you will have two course sessions (Session I: Jan 31 – April 11 2017; Session II: April 18 – June 27 2017) to complete seven courses and earn a Certificate.
What courses are required to earn the Certificate before the end of Session II 2017?
Here are the seven core courses required to earn the Certificate from Berkeley-Haas:
When can I register for Session II courses?
Registration is now open.
Will Philanthropy University offer certifications from Berkeley-Haas after Session II 2017?
Following the end of Session II, the Certificate program will be paused while we develop new and exciting offerings designed to better serve nonprofit leaders. We will be sharing more information about these improvements over the coming months.
Will I still be able to download my Statements and Certificate from Philanthropy University after Session II 2017?
If you would like to share your Statement of Accomplishment or Certificate in Social Sector Leadership on social media, as an endorsement to employers, or for any personal use, please be sure to download these documents by June 30, 2017. At that time, Philanthropy University will transition the Certificate program and these documents will no longer be accessible. We apologize for this inconvenience, and will provide all learners with multiple reminders over the coming months to take the steps to save these certifications.
How do I share my Statement or Certificate on Social Media?
Follow these easy steps to share your achievement on LinkedIn with colleagues and potential employers:
- Log on and access your electronic Certificate in Social Sector Leadership in the Philanthropy University Program Space.
- Click “Download Certificate” to download your Certificate as a printable PDF.
- Click “Make Public & Share Your Certificate”, then click “Share Your Certificate”.
- In the pop up box, click the LinkedIn “Add to Profile” button.
- In the next pop up box asking, “Want to add your University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business certification?” click “Save” to have the Certificate information appear in the “Certifications” section.