GirlSPARKS will be running regional webinars for both existing learners and for those interested in learning more about Girl Centered Design.
We are excited to invite Philanthropy University learners to join our special one-hour regional webinars, hosted by our partner GirlSPARKS.
Webinars will be focused on four regions: Asia and the Pacific, Middle East, North Africa and Europe, Sub Saharan Africa and The Americas and the Caribbean.
Each webinar will touch on key themes from the Girl Centered Design Course and provide additional regional case studies that show how girl-centred design can be put into practice.
Regional case studies
A large portion of the webinar will be a regional case study where participants will get the opportunity to be talked through a real example of girl led design in action. For example, in Asia and the Pacific session, we will focus on the work being done in Nepal to support the education of marginalised girls within the district of Kailali. Here 36 percent of girls aged 10-14 do not transition from primary to secondary school and almost half of the girls (48 percent) get married by the age of 18.
Other case studies include:
- Work being done in Nigeria, during our Africa webinar;
- Work being done in Colombia, during our Americas webinar; and
- Work being done in Yemen, during our Middle East webinar.
How to join?
To join the webinars, please follow the relevant link on the day-of:
- Middle East, North Africa and Europe: Tuesday July 10, 2018 at 11am EET/12pm EEST https://zoom.us/j/793276124
- Sub Saharan Africa: Tuesday July 10, 2018 at 4pm EAT/ 2pm WAT https://zoom.us/j/787388694
- Asia and the Pacific: Wednesday July 11, 2018 at 2.30pm IST/4pm ICT https://zoom.us/j/827382722
- The Americas and the Caribbean: Wednesday July 11, 2018 at 10am CST/ 11am EDT https://zoom.us/j/295919803
GirlSPARKS will share information about further resources and opportunities to deepen learning on Girl-Centered Design during the webinars.
There also will be an opportunity for participants to ask questions.
Set a reminder
To register your interest for the webinar click here, and we will send you a reminder a day before the event.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Philanthropy University is the new tech-enabled platform that transforms the impact of local organizations working to deliver sustainable development for all.
Six Visionaries Establish Philanthropy U Inaugural Board (Oakland, CA) – September 16, 2019 -- Philanthropy U (https://philanthropyu.org), which upskills & funds social impact organizations in under-resourced communities, announced today [...]
THE ONLINE EDUCATION INDUSTRY IS MISSING AN OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE THE SOCIAL SECTOR. IT IS TIME TO DO BETTER. As a course designer at Philanthropy U, a question I [...]