Inspire the world's next change-makers
Become a Philanthropy University Course Advisor and share your expertise with those who need it most.
Organizations in the Global South work tirelessly to combat poverty, inequality, violence, and environmental degradation. Yet, these organizations often lack access to the capacity-building training they need.
Philanthropy University seeks to change all that. Since we launched in 2015, more than 230,000 learners have enrolled in our free online courses, where they have learned impact-driving skills and practices.
In 2019, we would like to provide even more to these inspiring leaders. We’ve compiled a list of new courses on topics like financial management, program design, and branding that we believe will measurably improve any organization doing social impact work.
Course Topics for 2019
We need your help to create these courses.
Our courses are built with the guidance of Philanthropy University Course Advisors; individuals and organizations with a deep understanding of their field and experience delivering social impact. For each of our priority course topics, we are looking for an individual or organization with the knowledge, experience, and passion necessary to power a brand-new course.
Qualified Course Advisors will have:
- Broad, practical knowledge of one of Philanthropy University’s new course topics
- At least five years of experience applying course concepts to social impact work, ideally in the Global South
- The ability to explain concepts and structure ideas in a clear, accessible manner
- A collaborative attitude
Course Advisors will be expected to:
- Contribute about 30 hours of work over six months
- Participate in interviews with the Philanthropy University team
- Collaborate on the structure and curriculum of the course
- Provide feedback and revisions on course materials
- Recognition as a world-class authority in their field of expertise
- Financial compensation for their hard work
We’re now accepting course proposals. Download our Request for Proposal (RFP) to get started.
Barney Singer, MA, JD
Director of Leadership and Organizational Capacity Building Programs
Mission Critical Development